The Inventory is a menu option in We Happy Few.
The amount of items that a character can carry is limited by the weight. A player can become over-burdened if they try to carry more than the number allows, which will restrict their ability to perform some actions such as running, jumping, climbing, walking speed, etc.
Players can also keep inventory items in the Pneumatic Stash inside their Safe House. The player is still able to craft things even if they are away from the Pneumatic Stash, though this is not the case if the player is in Survival Mode.
All of the items may or may not have a coloured right corner on their small icons, the colours; White, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple, represents how useful and rare the item is.
The game determines useful items by how well they aid the player under varying circumstances. For medicinal items it could be how much health the player regains and how many ailments they cure, for foodstuffs it could be how much thirst/hunger they relieve, for weapons and clothes its how well they protect the player, etc. The actual usefulness of each item is determined by how the player wants to play the game.
Commonality depends on how many and how easy it is to get the item. The most common items can be found in a multitude of different containers and shops, and they have a higher likely chance of spawning in the world. Items that are more rare have a less likely chance of spawning in containers, may or may not be available in shops, and/or have to be crafted in order to be used.
Just because an item is common doesn't mean it isn't useful, a lot of higher tier items require lower tier components for them to be crafted.
- Tier I = No coloured corner, these are items the player is most likely to find when looting containers.
- Tier II = White corner, about as common as the items without a coloured corner.
- Tier III = Yellow corner, very useful items that may only be found in a couple specific containers.
- Tier IV = Green corner, uncommon items that may only be found in very few containers. The items tend to be very powerful.
- Tier V = Blue corner, rare items that are usually rewards from chests or safes. They either have to be crafted or found in at least two containers.
- Tier VI = Purple corner, extremely rare items that are very powerful. They either have to be crafted, found in at least one container, or in locations later in the game.
- In earlier versions of the game, pulling up the inventory didn't pause the game. There was also a delay when equipping weapons or clothes.
- The very first inventory had a slot for pants, remnants of this can be found in the game files, as the player can give themselves military pants by using console commands. There is no way to actually put them on, though.