Books in We Happy Few are passive bonuses that stack. Every book a player collects adds a stackable buff.
List of Books and Effects Edit
- Artful Hands (Increases speed of disarming traps by a small amount.) 0/3
- A Stitch in Time (Increases durability of crafted blending suits by 10%.) 0/6
- Bang On (Increase damage by explosive weapons by 2%.) 0/10
- Battler (Attacks with melee weapons do slightly more damage.) 0/10
- Bludgeoner (All attacks cost 5% less stamina.) 0/5
- Brawler (Attacks with fists do slightly more damage.) 0/10
- British Craftsmanship (Increases durability of crafted weapons by a small amount.) 0/2
- Chemist (Crafting no longer requires Rank 1 chemical stations.) 0/1
- Clean Plate Award (Food increases max stamina for longer time.) 0/1
- Clubber (Melee attacks have slight change to kill enemies in one shot.) 0/10
- Counterpuncher (Blocking an attack has a 5% chance of stunning the opponent.) 0/10
- Creeper (Reduces noises caused by 10%) 0/5
- Early Bird (Sleep gives slightly more health.) 0/1
- Engineer (Crafting no longer requires Rank 1 mechanical stations.) 0/1
- Finger Pointer (2% chance to make NPC turn on others by talking to them.) 0/10
- Frugal Burglar (When you use a trap disarming tool, it won't break on the first time.) 0/1
- Guide to Fitting In (Reduces all suspicion rates by a small amount.) 0/5
- Haggley (Gives a small chance of getting a discount when buying items.) 0/10
- I Know Who I Am (Sources of Joy accumulate 10% slower.) 0/3
- Intimidator (Last NPC left in combat has small change to leave items and run away.) 0/2
- Iron Lung (Decreases damage taken by toxic night fog by a small amount.) 0/10
- Keep the Lights On (Reduces consumption rate of powered items by 2%.) 0/5
- Long Distance Runner (Increases maximum stamina by 5%.) 0/5
- Master Tinker (Increase chance of doubling durability of crafted items.) 0/4
- Nimple Hands (Increases speed of crafting by 10%.) 0/4
- Prestidigitator (Increases area of distraction devices by 3%.) 0/10
- Scrounger (2% chance to find extra items when looting.) 0/5
- Sleep is the Poor Man's Dinner (Sleep makes you slightly less and hungry and thirsty than before) 0/2
- Stiff Upper Lip (Reduces all damage taken by a small amount) 0/5
- Strangler (Increases speed of stealth takedowns by a small amount.) 0/3
- Survivor (Healing items give 10% more health and activate 20% faster.) 0/2
- The Importance of Not Being Seen (Hostile NPCs forget about you slightly faster.) 0/2
- Tosser (Increases damage dealt by thrown weapons by small amount.) 0/10
- Undertaker (Increase corpse carrying speed and movement speed by 20%.) 0/3
- Weapon Breaker Manual (Melee weapons have a small chance of breaking opponent's weapon) 0/5
- You Seem Familiar Somehow (Reduces Crier suspicion by 5%.) 0/4
- The names of the books make reference to various idioms and media.
- A Stitch in Time is a reference to the TV-program of the same name.
- Bang On is british slang for talking about nonsense for a long while.
- Clean Plate Award is an award given to facilities who are dedicated to excellent sanitation and food safety knowledge.
- Early Bird describes a person who rises, arrives, or acts before the usual or expected time.
- Haggley could be the combination of Haggler, a person who argues or bargains over the price of something, and Hagley, a large village and civil parish in Worcestershire, England.
- Iron Lung is a real life device that helps people to breathe on their own when muscle control is lost.
- Keep the Lights On is a reference to the movie of the same name.
- Prestidigitator describes someone who exells at dexterity.
- Sleep is the Poor Man's Dinner is when someone goes to sleep on an empty stomach but wakes up not feeling hungry.
- Stiff Upper Lip is when someone displays a great self-restraint in the expression of emotion.
- You Seem Familiar Somehow could reference Déjà Vu, the moment when something is too familar to an event that has already happened.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.